Peeps Cake Recipe
I know its after Easter BUT I made this cake for Easter and I have never made it before HOWEVER I will plan to make this every year per the request of my family. It turned out cuter then I expected.
Here is the Recipe:
Box of your Favorite Cake Mix (I used White Cake Mix)
1 tub of Icing any flavor I used pink Vanilla. I would say what ever you chose make it a Easter Color
1 bag of Edible Easter Grass
1 bag of M&M Chocolate Eggs (You can really use anything with this Jelly beans, Malt eggs anything as long as shaped as eggs)
Peeps (I used 1 box of Large peeps and 1 box of yellow bunny’s)
- Make cake mix per directions on box
- Allow Cake to cool before frosting this keeps the cake from breaking and crumbling as much.
- After cooled add the Icing to the cake all over.
- I made 3 round cakes so I iced the bottom layer then added middle layer Iced that and then added top layer and iced that I made sure it was completely iced also make sure you ice the edges as well so that you peeps will stick
- add your peeps to the sides simply just stick them up to the icing. You can do as many or as less as you prefer. I liked the look of them going all around the cake
- top the top with the edible grass like a nest or simply like a grassy area I used 3/4 of the bag
- then top with the m&m eggs
Your cake is now Easter Ready. Easy dessert for any Easter gathering! And most of all it is ADORABLE and delicious!