Pierogi Lasagna Recipe
I found this awesome recipe! For Pierogi lasagna over at 12 Tomatoes (I tend to find a lot of great recipes from there) . This meal was DEEEELICIOUS! Not only is this recipe one awesome tasty little morsel for your mouth it is however EASY to make for those time consumed people!! Let me start by giving you the recipe before I go on with making your mouth just water
- Box of lasagna noodles (or if you want to make it even better make your own noodles)
- 6 cups mashed potatoes (you can use instants or smash your own, recipes calls for plain but I bet y0u can use any style you wish to)
- 2 sweet onions,thinly sliced (I used Yellow Onion and it worked just as well)
- 2 cups cheddar, grated or Shredded (I used shredded)
- 1/2 cup (Or also can be measured as 1 stick) butter (no not the movie with Jennifer Gardener either)
- salt and pepper, to taste (I salted my potatoes but that is all as I watch salt intake for husbands heart)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (for me I use the magic number of 325 as you can always continue to cook something but can not when it is over cooked..something we learn in culinary school) and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray (I use the spray).
- Cook lasagna noodles and set aside. (I have seen people say they used ready to cook noodles..not sure what they mean I however used reg noodle and cooked them and they worked out great)
- Saute 10 minutes your onion, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Place some lasagna noodles on bottom of baking dish. top ½ of total mashed potatoes on top of noodles, followed by ½ of the sauteed onions, and ½ cup of cheese. (I simply combined my onions in with my potatoes, once again personal preference)
- Repeat until out of ingredients or you run out of room (if you run out of room I would grab another pan so that you can make extra of you BFF)
- Top lasagna with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy! (And trust me you WILL do just that)
I usually use recipe exact the first time I try it and then after that I use the ingredients that we already have! This deffently A Keeper. Next time I will try to add in some green onion or Chives.